[slime-devel] Second REPL hangs

Giovanni Gigante giov at cidoc.iuav.it
Fri Mar 12 16:40:31 UTC 2010

I don't understand what's happening with multiple REPLs.
I open a fresh emacs and slime; then M-x slime-open-listener and I get a
second REPL in a buffer named "*slime-listener*".
Now, the original REPL works as usual. But the new one hangs as soon as
I enter anything (e.g.: type a number, enter).

Nothing appears anywhere, except that I've noticed that if I go in the
*slime threads* buffer and I attach the one named repl-thread, I find this:
error opening #P"/tmp/slime.25386": File exists
   [Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR]

I have the current snapshot of SLIME, and SBCL 1.0.32 on Debian AMD64
with threading enabled.

Thanks,
Giovanni Gigante