[slime-devel] slime-streams overhead

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Jun 27 06:04:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:39:18 +0800
Tobias C Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:

> Using :spawn, without dedicated output stream. Dedicated
> output stream probably has a much better performance,
> but where does /that/ much overhead come from in the default
> implementation?

I honestly never looked it up, but I assumed since the start that the
emacs buffer handling and display code itself was quite heavy.  If
slime is partly responsible and can be improved, I'm all for it :)

However, occasionally I also noticed slime getting extremely
(abnormally) slow if the slime output contained particular data (I
think long lines made it worse), and the buffer had to be cleared.
--
Matt