[slime-devel] Is slime currently broken?

christian.lynbech at tieto.com christian.lynbech at tieto.com
Wed Jun 9 07:46:35 UTC 2010

I have tried updating to the lastest slime from CVS and it will
apparently not start, at least not as I am used to.

The symptom is that I see the inferior lisp buffer in which lisp is
starting up, then I get the "Connected" message, but no REPL buffer
appears.

This I have tested with both SBCL 1.0.39 and CCL (of some slightly older
version), all on a fairly recent emacs 23. I have seen this both on
Linux and OSX (though todays attempt was made only on OSX).

There is no change in behaviour if I rename my .emacs and .sbclrc and
follow the startup description of SLIMEs README so it does not appear
connected to my current configuration or how I usually set up slime.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk