[slime-devel] Windows + CLisp: wrong path separator?

edgar edgar-rft at web.de
Fri Jul 30 16:57:47 UTC 2010

 > I'm trying to run SLIME (snapshot of 2010 July 06) with native
 > (that is, not Cygwinized) CLisp 2.49.
 >
 > When I started SLIME, CLisp complained it couldn't find
 > "swank-loader.lisp" with provided full path, which had backslashes.
 > Therefore, I setted `slime-backend' to full path of
 > `swank-loader.lisp', but using slashes, and that worked.
 >
 > Now, CLisp complains that it can't find the directory:
 >
 > - OPEN: Directory #P"C:\\DOCUME~1\\USERR~2\\IMPOST~1\\Temp\\" does not exist
 >
 > Such directory does exist. Should I replace backslashes with slashes
 > here too, maybe? But I don't know what variable to set.
 >
 > My setup is like this:
 >
 > (setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/Programmi/clisp-2.49/clisp.exe -K full")
 > (setq slime-net-coding-system 'iso-latin-1-unix)
 > (require 'slime)
 > (slime-setup '(slime-fancy))

Not sure if that's really the problem but I had similar quirks with
CLISP 2.49 under Debian Lenny and the solution was:

CLISP 2.49 has no more "-K full", so just try:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/Programmi/clisp-2.49/clisp.exe")

without the "-K full" it works with me, but haven't tested this
on Windows yet...

- edgar

--
The author of this email does not necessarily endorse the following
advertisements, which are the sole responsibility of the advertiser: