[slime-devel] my sldb is not working as well as it used to

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Tue Jul 27 18:57:37 UTC 2010

Some time ago I noticed my SLDB (slime debugger) stopped working in a
few ways.

Some examples:

v - should view source for frame, now says "no frame at point" always

n - should go down to the next frame, now just moves the cursor past all
the frames below the --more-- line

[RET] - should expand or unexpand the frame to show locals, but now just
does nothing, no error message

Things like that.  I've thought this might go away with sufficient
updating of emacs/slime/lisps (CCL or SBCL),

but I seem to be pretty much up-to-date on all.

I think I run a pretty standard SLIME setup, which is basically to do

(require 'slime)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy))

in my emacs init file.

Can anyone tell what might be going on or offer any helpful advice?

Mark