[slime-devel] Slime distributed with GNU Emacs

Antony Sequeira antony.sequeira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:40:24 UTC 2010

FWIW I vote NO

I keep slime files along with my lisp source and the .emacs file. They
are very much separate from the emacs installation.

I have used emacs in linux env mostly but recently I have been using
it in cygwin env

I update cygwin for various reasons and I see emacs getting updated.
I can control that if desired, but I see no need to.

I don't update slime that often and I am pretty sure that would be
more disruptive.

Also one is a VERY mature product other is not (that's just reality ,
not to be taken negatively)

I see very little gain and lots of issues

-Antony