[slime-devel] Bug: home key moves point to beginning of line

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:05:30 UTC 2010

I've been irritated by the home key not doing what I expected in SLIME, which led me to adjust slime-repl-mode-map in slime-repl.el accordingly.

I think the better way to bind the key invoking `move-beginning-of-line' to `slime-repl-bol' would be something like this in the `slime-define-keys' expressions:

  ([remap move-beginning-of-line] 'slime-repl-bol)

I would suggest doing this whenever a key that is not usually supposed to be remapped by modes (non C-c prefix) is bound.

Note that in Emacs 23 (at least in mine), home moves to the beginning of the buffer, and in Aquamacs it's always done that for good reasons.
The end key is working fine as it is.