[slime-devel] Issue with reconnection to a running swank server

Mackram Raydan mackram at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 22:45:04 UTC 2010

Hey everyone,

I was wondeirng if someone can help me with an issue I am having regarding
reconnection to a running swank server. I start the swank server with the
proper done=-close argument as shown below:
(load *swank-loader*)
(swank-loader:init)
(swank:create-server :port *swank-port* :dont-close t)
However after I log into it from emacs using M-x slime-connect and
disconnect using M-x slime-disconnect I find myself unable to connect again
and i get in emacs the message that Evaluation aborted. As far as I know I
am running the same version of slime and swank on the SBCL ver 1.0.29.4

PS if it is of any help i get the following dump when starting the server
WARNING: These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:
 (CALLS-WHO DISASSEMBLE-FRAME SLDB-BREAK-AT-START SLDB-BREAK-ON-RETURN
  WHO-SPECIALIZES)
;; Swank started at port: 4006.
; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND
;         (WEBSERVER::CLIENT-SOCKET WEBSERVER::ADDR WEBSERVER::PORT)
;         (SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-ACCEPT WEBSERVER::SOCKET)
;       (SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-CLOSE WEBSERVER::CLIENT-SOCKET)
;       (SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-CLOSE WEBSERVER::SOCKET))
; --> MULTIPLE-VALUE-CALL
; ==>
;   #'(LAMBDA
;         (&OPTIONAL (WEBSERVER::CLIENT-SOCKET) (WEBSERVER::ADDR)
;          (WEBSERVER::PORT)
;          &REST #:G0)
;       (DECLARE (IGNORE #:G0))
;       (SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-CLOSE WEBSERVER::CLIENT-SOCKET)
;       (SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-CLOSE WEBSERVER::SOCKET))

Appreciate any help you can send my way.

Regards,

Mackram Raydan

Company: www.imagimate.com
Website: www.trailoflight.net

"An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has
come." Victor Hugo