[slime-devel] SLIME Interning Issues

Frank some.frank at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:42:45 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I'm not sure but this looks like a bug to me.

I have those lines in a file lets say "scratch.lisp"

;;; start scratch.lisp
(defpackage :foo)
(in-package :foo)
(defmacro bar (bazzz))
(defun bar2 (bazzz2))
;;; end scratch.lisp

I start emacs and then slime.
On the fresh REPL I type:

; SLIME 2010-12-02
CL-USER> (load "scratch.lisp")
;Compiler warnings for "/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/fau/Desktop/scratch.lisp" :
;   In BAR: Unused lexical variable BAZZZ
;Compiler warnings for "/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/fau/Desktop/scratch.lisp" :
;   In BAR2: Unused lexical variable BAZZZ2
#P"c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/abc/Desktop/scratch.lisp"

CL-USER> (find-symbol "BAZZZ")
BAZZZ
:INTERNAL

CL-USER> (find-symbol "BAZZZ2")
NIL
NIL
CL-USER>

CL-USER> (eq (find-symbol "BAZZZ") (find-symbol "BAZZZ" :foo))
NIL

It looks like SLIME interned another symbol BAZZZ into CL-USER?

If I perform this procedure directly on my lisp's REPL (no Emacs, no
Slime) it works as expected.

I use CCL-1.5 and SLIME 2010-12-02

Thanks
Frank