[slime-devel] gdb support for cmucl/sparc

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 22:34:37 UTC 2010

On 8/26/10 3:45 PM, Raymond Toy wrote:
> Here are a couple of replacement functions that make slime disassemble
> work with cmucl/sparc.  The disassembly works for me on cmucl/sparc.
> The foreign source location appears to work, but the only foreign
> function I've been able to test with is call_into_lisp which doesn't
> have any line info.  But slime recognizes that and prints a message to
> that affect.

I've updated the code a little bit.  frame-ip will return -1 (as before)
if it can't compute the frame ip.  This will probably cause an error
later on, but I guess that's ok.   There's also a slight cleanup on what
frame-ip returns for a bogus-function.  We try to adjust the lra object
to the actual return address.  This isn't really necessary since the
only use of that is (I think) the address inside a C function that we
want gdb to disassemble.  Hence any address in the function is ok.

Ray