[slime-devel] Binding C-a / HOME

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Mon Aug 30 08:20:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 04:10:39 +0400
Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> wrote:

> pjb at informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:
>
> > There's a bug in slime, it binds HOME to slime-repl-bol, and does it
> > so that it's very hard to rebind it to the normal beginning-of-buffer.
> It's not a bug, the default binding of home is `move-beginning-of-line'.
> What's the problem with rebinding it?
> (define-key slime-repl-mode-map [home] 'beginning-of-buffer) works fine.

I admit still considering myself new to emacs, as I only use it with
Slime for Lisp (using Vim since many years for other languages I have
to deal with), but I noticed that although ctrl-a indeed moves the
cursor at the first column on the current line, the actual [home] key
(although not being one of the recommended emacs editing keys) moves it
at the top of the document as for alt-<.  Is this expected behaviour or
am I missing something in my configuration?  The [end] key behaves fine
as ctrl-e.  This is using GNU Emacs in urxvt.

Thank you,
--
Matt