[slime-devel] M-. broken: function definition is void: 'slime-enclosing-form-specs'

Paul Sexton psexton at xnet.co.nz
Sat Aug 28 20:39:03 UTC 2010

Pressing M-. on a function fails, with the error: "Symbol's function definition
is void: 'slime-enclosing-form-specs'". It has been failing for about the past
year.

I became fed up and grepped the slime sources and find that while this function
is referenced in contrib/slime-enclosing-context.el, it is not defined anywhere.

Clearly this function must have existed at one point, and someone has renamed
or deleted it.

Can anyone tell me how I can get M-. to work? Am I inadvertently using a
deprecated contrib module? My slime setup cmd is:

  (slime-setup '(slime-autodoc
                 slime-c-p-c            ; compound prefix completion
                 slime-sbcl-exts        ; special sbcl stuff
                 slime-tramp
                 slime-asdf
                 slime-presentations
                 slime-banner
                 slime-fancy-inspector
                 slime-editing-commands ; editing cmds w/o server interaction
                 slime-scratch
                 slime-fontifying-fu    ; fontify WITH-x, Do-x, DEFINE-x
                 slime-indentation-fu   ; correct indentation of local macros
                 slime-mdot-fu          ; make M-. work on local functions
                 slime-package-fu       ; export/unexport symbol at point
                 slime-xref-browser     ; browse xrefs
                 slime-references       ; clickable references to docs (sbcl)
                 ))

Thanks
Paul