[slime-devel] Bugtracker for Slime

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Aug 27 06:57:04 UTC 2010

On 8/23/10 10:36 PM, Tobias C Rittweiler wrote:
> In article<m2vd741ijk.fsf at common-lisp.net>,
>   Helmut Eller<heller at common-lisp.net>  wrote:

[…]

>>> What are your thoughts on that matter?
>>
>> Trac also seems an option to consider; least that's available on cl.net.
>> It seems to work to well for Clozure.  They use SVN which has some
>> synergies with Trac but I guess having a Wiki and bug tracker at the
>> same place also a good thing.
>
> My experience with Trac so far is that it tends to be noticably
> (euphemism for annoyingly) slow. Especially on c-l.net.

[…]

For [ABCL][1], Erik changed the default common-lisp.net configuration to
use a FCGI connection between Apache httpd and a long-running Python
process for the tracd. This has sped up Trac to acceptable levels.
Presumably, he (we?) can share configuration details for interested parties.

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/wiki

The downside to Trac as possible on common-lisp.net is that only
committers can add bug reports, provide comments, etc.  as there are
only notions of "users with a common-lisp.net uid" and "anonymous" for
HTTP users.  Something like Launchpad effectively subcontracts out the
operational aspects of dealing with a large, untrusted, and varying user
base.

In the hg v. git argument, I definitely prefer hg.  It has consistent
documentation and design, making much more sense than git ever did for
me.  When forced to use git for projects like ASDF even though I am a
seasoned hg user for which DVC concepts are second nature, I am
consistently frustrated at trying to figure out the corresponding
commands in git.

is nothing to compare to it now."