[slime-devel] slime "hangs" when iterate package is used on SBCL

Andrea Taverna a.tavs at libero.it
Wed Apr 28 16:56:41 UTC 2010

Hi,
I think I came across a (possibly) new bug in SLIME, here is the

SLIME: cvs snapshot 24/04/2010
Emacs: 23.1.1
SBCL: 1.0.37
ITERATE: 1.4.3
system: Linux Fedora Core 12 x86 32bit

;-------%<-------%<-------%<-------%<
(require :iterate)
(use-package :iterate)
;-------%<-------%<-------%<-------%<
evalueted in either inferior-lisp or slime-repl causes slime to "hang",
i.e. after the use command the repl prompt stays unresponsive, I tried
waiting several minutes.
Commands like slime-interrupt and slime-quit-lisp don't work either, I
have to manually kill the sbcl process to quit lisp. Both emacs and sbcl
are alive and waiting, in fact it does seem the computer is just waiting
me to give some input.
The same code evaluated without using iterate's package or inside a unix
terminal works without a glitch.

TIA

Andrea