[slime-devel] buffer readtables

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Sep 27 17:43:06 UTC 2009

I want to introduce the concept of buffer-readtables so C-c C-c and
other commands will be able to process source strings with the right
readtable being active.

For that, the :EMACS-REX event has to be adapted. At the moment, it
looks as follows

  (:emacs-rex rpc-sexp buffer-package buffer-thread cont-id)

My plan is to change it to

  (:emacs-rex rpc-sexp cont-id buffer-context)

where buffer-context is a plist of form

  (&key buffer-package buffer-thread &allow-other-keys)

so that a contrib can extend what constitutes a buffer-context.

Are you ok with this?

Or is it too general? Should I instead add just another parameter
specifically for buffer-readtables?

  -T.