[slime-devel] [patch] color slime-repl mode line

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 03:16:29 UTC 2009

Stanislaw Halik <sthalik at test123.ltd.pl> writes:

> When the REPL is started without lisp-mode windows, the arglist isn't
> fontified until something is „M-x slime-mode”'d because of this:
>
> [slime-autodoc.el]
> (defun slime-fontify-string (string)
>   "Fontify STRING as `font-lock-mode' does in Lisp mode."
>   (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create " *slime-fontify*")
>     (erase-buffer)
>     (unless (eq major-mode 'lisp-mode)
>       (lisp-mode)
>       (slime-autodoc-mode -1)
>       ...)
>     ...))
>
> …and „slime-autodoc-mode” sets „slime-echo-arglist-function” when arg
> satisfies „minusp”.
>
> So i made an ugly patch to fix it. Here it goes:
I see no reason why slime-autodoc-mode should be turned off in this
buffer, so I just removed (slime-autodoc-mode -1) line and committed it.

Another way would be to make slime-echo-arglist-function buffer-local in
slime-autodoc-mode, but I'm not sure that this is desirable.

--
With best regards, Stas.