[slime-devel] TYPE ERROR: The value 9 is not of type LIST

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Wed Sep 2 08:38:08 UTC 2009

Quoth Stanislaw Halik <sthalik at test123.ltd.pl>:
> Try using the :TOPLEVEL parameter for SB-EXT:SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE to set
> SB-IMPL::*DEFAULT-EXTERNAL-FORMAT* to :UTF-8.

Thanks, but I'm afraid I have to ask you how the :toplevel parameter works?

I've tried this without success:

 $ sbcl
 * (load ".../slime/swank-loader.lisp")
 * (sb-ext:save-lisp-and-die :toplevel '(setf sb-impl::*default-external-format* :utf-8)
                             "sbcl.core-with-swank")
 $

Regards,

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.