[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Oct 29 09:17:09 UTC 2009

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> +2009-10-28  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
> +
> +	* slime.el (slime-disconnect): Don't reference connection.  Left
> +	over from last change.
> +	([test] arglist): Update expected results for slightly changed
> +	printer settings.
> +	([test] indentation): Install common-lisp-indent-function.

Regarding indentation, I long wanted to make slime-setup set the
lisp-*-loop-indentation variables to saner default values.

The default values that Emacs ships with are made for inserting a
newline after the LOOP symbol, i.e.

  (loop
    for x from ...
    for y from ...)

Reading code, most people (including me) are more fond of beginning the
first loop clause following the LOOP symbol, i.e.

  (loop for x from ...
        for y from ...)

To get that indentation, one have to use

  (setq lisp-simple-loop-indentation 2
        lisp-loop-keyword-indentation 6
        lisp-loop-forms-indentation 6)

How controversial is it to make that the default values for slime-mode?

  -T.