[slime-devel] Restart Numbering

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Sun Oct 25 15:42:28 UTC 2009

* "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <871vkrd1fx.fsf at freebits.de> :
Wrote on Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:53:54 +0100:

| SBCL does it, Slime does it, CLPython does it, unit test frameworks do
| it (stefil quite heavily, but also others live 5am or lift), web
| frameworks like UCW do it, probably others too.

I've been using CL day in day out for 3+ years and I cannot use this
behaviour.

|> Seems odd to optimize that case at the expense of making the top
|> restarts harder to access.
|
| It probably depends on how much you make use of frameworky stuff.

Even then, the motivation is both bogus and wrong and the design goes
against basic debugger sense which ALL implementations have implemented!
I do not see the stated `technical advantage', and it seems to you like
it because it handles a SPECIFIC restart for a SPECIFIC combination of
Lisp (SBCL) and a specific application framework. which you have used.

I do not encounter those paths, and it pessimises my sldb experience.
In particular when I provide restarts, I want the user to be able to
choose 0 as the first restart.

--
Madhu