[slime-devel] Fontification bug

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Oct 19 16:58:14 UTC 2009

Carlos Konstanski <ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com> writes:

> I get this one a lot too. Unfortunately it is difficult to reproduce
> on demand. But it always seems to happen (to me) when I am inserting a
> line of text into an existing block of code. Take the following code
> for example:

I haven't have any problems on GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 since months. I know
that there's some sort of portability kludge for older Emacsen and
XEmacs which doesn't work as well.

Initially there was some ignore-errors around the code, so previously
these problems were just swept under the carpet; I deliberately removed
that line to actually fix the problems and make fontification of
suppressed reader forms work reliably.

It does now work reliably (that is consistently) for me, so I'll
probably put back in the ignore-errors so people on older Emacs version
won't get too annoyed anymore.

  -T.