[slime-devel] Current package for slime-eval-*

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Thu Oct 15 10:53:57 UTC 2009

Quoth "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de>:
>> Is there a way to force C-x C-e (slime-eval-last-expression) to evaluate things
>> inside a certain package when there is no (in-package ...) form in the current
>> buffer?
>
> If there's no buffer package, it uses *PACKAGE* which should be the same
> as the package at your slime-repl.

Hmm... well that's not the behaviour I'm experiencing.

 --- Buffer *slime-repl opencml* ---
 Clozure Common Lisp  Port: 50248  Pid: 790
 ; SLIME 2007-08-16
 CL-USER> (make-package "MY")
 #<Package "MY">
 CL-USER> (in-package :my)
 #<Package "MY">

 --- Buffer *slime-scratch* ---
 *package*
 #<Package "COMMON-LISP-USER">

 ;;; switch to repl, define new package and enter it (in the repl)
 *package*
 #<Package "COMMON-LISP-USER">

Am I losing my marbles?

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.