[slime-devel] Stopping swank server kills sbcl

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Fri Oct 9 22:36:50 UTC 2009

Hi all,

In bash:

 # sbcl --core sbcl.core-with-swank
 This is SBCL 1.0.30, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
 More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

 SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
 It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
 BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
 distribution for more information.
 * (swank:create-server :port 49153)
 ;; Swank started at port: 49153.

 49153
 * (swank:stop-server 49153)
 #

sbcl dies, which I obviously don't want it to.

My core includes the latest slime/swank from CVS, on a Debian (Lenny) box.

I need to be able to stop swank the server cleanly, whilst leaving sbcl running.

Is this a (serious) bug or am I missing something?

Regards,

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.