[slime-devel] Emacs may freeze

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:02:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
> Ariel Badichi <abadichi at bezeqint.net> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> With the new commit from 2009-10-31, I can reproducibly cause GNU
>> Emacs 22.2.1 to lock-up.  The commit is huge, and I didn't have the
>> time to further localize the problem.  To see the problem, start
>> Emacs/SLIME and in the SLIME scratch buffer type the following:
>>
>>   (char= #\
>
> I don't have time for analysing this right now, but the bug is in
> `slime-parse-form-upto-point'. Test case:
>
>  (with-temp-buffer
>    (set-syntax-table lisp-mode-syntax-table)
>    (insert "(char= #\\")
>    (slime-parse-form-upto-point 10))

I committed a quick fix (maybe it's not good).
`slime-make-form-spec-from-string' stalls when it sees "(char #\\)"
because  `slime-incomplete-form-at-point' adds a ), and it becomes
escaped, I added a space before ). And by the way, there are two
definitions of `slime-make-form-spec-from-string' in the file, which
one is right? (the first definition works in that case)

--
With best regards, Stas.