[slime-devel] REPL problems

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Fri May 29 22:02:44 UTC 2009

I use SLIME (latest cvs) with SBCL 1.0.22 on Windows XP SP 2 and it works
fine.

What's in your .emacs file? Do you have

(eval-after-load "slime" (slime-setup '(slime-repl)))

Or something equivalent (e.g. slime-fancy)?

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Stephen Lee <leejianm at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi I am using Windows XP SP 2. Gave up and changed to CLISP,now it works.
>
> My Blog: http://sljm.blogspot.com
> My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stephenleejm
>

> > To: slime-devel at common-lisp.net
> > From: DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
> > Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:22:45 +0900
> > Subject: Re: [slime-devel] REPL problems
>

> > On Fri, 29 May 2009 11:22:49 +0800, Stephen Lee <leejianm at hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >I have manage to install SLIME (latest cvs), Emacs 22.3 and SBCL 1.0.22
> on Windows.
> > >
> > >Managed to configure and start SLIME. But REPL is not working. after i
> entered the code and press enter the code dosen't seem to execute
> > >
> > >Example
> > >CL-USER>(+ 1 2) <enter>
> > >
> > >No 3 is displayed
> > >
> > >I set up SLIME on Ubuntu before and it works so is it a windows thing?
> > >
> > >I followed the instructions here
> http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2008-May/007331.html
> >
> > I have the same setup and the same bug on the same OS, too, and am
> > also interested in a solution.
> >
> > This bug is almost certainly Windows-specific. I'm using Windows XP
> > Professional, Service Pack 3; which version of Windows are you using?
> >
> > -- Benjamin L. Russell
> > --
> > Benjamin L. Russell / DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
> > http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
> > Translator/Interpreter / Mobile: +011 81 80-3603-6725
> > "Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto."
> > -- Matsuo Basho^

Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay