[slime-devel] SLIME has stopped fontifying #+foo #-foo based on *FEATURES*

graham at gorgeous.org graham at gorgeous.org
Fri May 22 20:50:17 UTC 2009

I just looked at some SBCL code of mine that has different
implementations of a function according to whether we're on Windows or
not:

#-win32
(defun cumnorm (x)
  "The cumulative normal distribution function - zero mean and unit variance"
  (declare (type double-float x))
  (/ (#+sbcl sb-alien:alien-funcall #+cmu alien:alien-funcall
	     (#+sbcl sb-alien:extern-alien #+cmu alien:extern-alien
		     "erfc" (function double-float (double-float)))
	     (- (/ (coerce x 'double-float) (sqrt 2))))
     2))

#+win32
(defun cumnorm (x)
  "The cumulative normal distribution function - zero mean and unit variance"
  (declare (type double-float x))
  (/ (error-function-complement (- (/ (coerce x 'double-float) (sqrt 2)))) 2.0))

erfc is not in the C library on Windows.

I'm sure that on Windows, SBCL used to highlight the #-win32 form in
font-lock-comment-face (red in my Emacs) because WIN32 is in *FEATURES*,
but for some reason this is no longer working.

I recently CVS updated SLIME from about November (?) 2008 to 2009-05-19,
so perhaps something in there broke it.  I haven't yet got around to
doing the CVS binary search thing to work out if and when it did.

Any suggestions?

Graham