[slime-devel] parser state bugs

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu May 21 09:45:26 UTC 2009

Madhu <enometh at meer.net> writes:

> Consider the following content in a slime buffer with the cursor at the
> point indicated by the caret
>
> |#
> (defun foo ()
>   (getf
>        ^
> (slime-symbol-at-point) returns nil.  It should return "getf".

Technically the behaviour is correct. The vertical bar initiates a
symbol which is not terminated. If you add a | at the cursor position,
`slime-symbol-at-point' will correctly return the whole thing.

It's probably rather surprising, though. I committed to fallback to not
look at the surrounding context.

If you want to overwrite this, you can redefine
`slime-beginning-of-symbol' and `slime-end-of-symbol'.

  -T.