[slime-devel] Standard output no longer appears in REPL

Steven E. Harris seh at panix.com
Mon May 4 13:53:35 UTC 2009

Mark Evenson <evenson <at> panix.com> writes:

> I definitely don't see CLISP echo *standard-output* into the REPL
> buffer, so maybe there is some greater variability here.  And this
> thread is getting ignored because it "works for me".

Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant regarding CLISP is that if I start up its
REPL from a shell, just running CLISP bare outside of SLIME, *standard-output*
does appear in the CLISP REPL. When I run SLIME over CLISP, *standard-output*
does /not/ get echoed to SLIME's REPL. The only way to see *standard-output* is
to visit the *inferior-lisp* buffer.

--
Steven E. Harris