[slime-devel] Bug in test-print-arglist?

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 05:07:45 UTC 2009

I saw the following today (trying to get ABCL to run),

WARNING: Test failed: (EVAL-WHEN (&ANY :COMPILE-TOPLEVEL
:LOAD-TOPLEVEL :EXECUTE) &BODY BODY) => "(eval-when (&any
:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute) &body
 body)"
  Expected: "(eval-when (&any :compile-toplevel :load-toplevel
:execute) &body body)"

In case it's not clear, the test failed because it was using string=
while the arglist-to-string output contains an extra newline right
after "...&body". This test originated from
contrib/swank-arglists.lisp.

The wrapping is specified by *print-right-margin*, which the test sets
to nil. I am not sure what the appropriate value should be.

>From the Hyperspec on *print-right-margin*:

"If it is nil, the right margin is taken to be the maximum line length such
that output can be displayed without wraparound or truncation.  If this
cannot be determined, an implementation-dependent value is used."

Cheers,