[slime-devel] renaming symbols locally

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Jun 28 02:17:16 UTC 2009

2009/6/27 Brian Mastenbrook <brian at mastenbrook.net>:

> I put together a hack a little while ago to do this in almost any kind of
> buffer. What's the advantage of using Slime-specific functions for this?
>
> You can see my hack here:
> http://brian.mastenbrook.net/static/files/misc/refactor.el . It's not a
> query-replace, but of course that's not terribly difficult to add.

I looked at yours before writing that one -- aside from the
query-style I wanted to add the pre-existing-new-name check, and using
slime-symbol and symbol gets things like

  #.foo  (foo is the symbol to rename)
  , at foo (foo is the symbol to rename)
  @foo  (@foo is the symbol to rename)

at least mostly right. I'm not at all convinced that the way I did
this is sensible, though.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus