[slime-devel] choked during fontification

farlies farlies at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 21:34:03 UTC 2009

Xemacs 21.5 (beta28) "fuki" [Lucid] (i386-redhat-linux, Mule)
SBCL:   1.0.29 / Linux x86
SLIME:  cvs checkout 2009-06-12

Pity I couldn't copy the whole message, but Xemacs froze up
and eventually croaked:  "Out of memory: Memory exhausted."
Nasty way to go.

Gist of it, transcribed from its from cold dead window:

 slime-bug("Caught error during fontification while searching for forms
 that are suppressed by reader-conditionals. The error was:
 (cl-assertion-failed (<= (point) limit))

I believe the pt mentioned referred to this function:

(defmethod collect-unames ((this yucky-guts))
  #+my-hids-support
  (loop for s in (targets this)
      collecting (uname s))
  #-my-hids-support nil