[slime-devel] slime-disconnect kills remote ccl

Patrick May pjm at spe.com
Thu Jun 4 15:09:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

	I started Clozure from the command line on a remote machine and
loaded swank with (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank).  Since I'd just
updated to the CVS head for slime, it recompiled.  I got these warnings:

; Warning: These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:
;           (ACTIVATE-STEPPING ADD-FD-HANDLER ADD-SIGIO-HANDLER CALLS-
WHO
;            FIND-SOURCE-LOCATION REMOVE-FD-HANDLERS REMOVE-SIGIO-
HANDLERS SAVE-IMAGE
;            SLDB-BREAK-AT-START SLDB-BREAK-ON-RETURN SLDB-STEP-INTO
SLDB-STEP-NEXT
;            SLDB-STEP-OUT)
; While executing: SWANK-BACKEND::WARN-UNIMPLEMENTED-INTERFACES, in
process listener(1).
NIL

Are they important?

	I then started swank:

? (setq swank:*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil)
NIL
? (swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)
;; Swank started at port: 4005.
4005
?

I set up an ssh tunnel for port 4005 and was able to connect and use
the Clozure image from Emacs on my local box.  When I was done I used
M-x slime-disconnect and it killed the Clozure image with this error:

;; swank:close-connection: Unexpected end of file on #<BASIC-TTrace/
BPT trap

Do I have something misconfigured?

Thanks,

Patrick