[slime-devel] Hints needed on why "Process inferior-lisp hangup" occurs

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Jun 1 18:43:04 UTC 2009

2009/6/1 Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net>:

> To me it looks like the subprocess receives a SIGHUP when the serial
> connection goes down.  At least http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGHUP
> mentions that as the historical usage of SIGHUP.
>
> Perhaps it helps if you install a signal handler for SIGHUP to ignore
> it.  It might also help to bind process-connection-type in
> slime-start-lisp to 'pty instead of nil.

If SIGHUP is the cause, then

  (sb-unix::ignore-interrupt sb-unix::sighup)

is the immediate bandaid to making SBCL ignore it. (Caveat: SB-UNIX is
an internal implementation package, and the APIs there may change or
go away without warning -- if this solves your problem, let us know so
that when someone has enough spare cycles we can figure out a
supported API for your needs.)

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus