[slime-devel] Hints needed on why "Process inferior-lisp hangup" occurs

Willem Rein Oudshoorn woudshoo at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 1 13:52:03 UTC 2009

I need some hints to start figuring out why I regularly get a
"Process inferior-lisp hangup" in my *inferior-lisp* buffer, but I do
not have clue where to start.

Situation:

* OS:            Mac OS X
* Lisp version:  sbcl 64bit 1.0.28  and  ccl 1.3-r12156M  (64bit)
* Slime version:  CVS version as of today.

"Reproduction Scenario"

1 Start slime with one of the two lisp implementaitons mentioned above
2 Open "/dev/tty.NXT-DevB-1", which is a serial blue tooth connection
  to a Lego NXT brick.
3 Turn of the Lego NXT brick (the other side of the serial connection)

After this, I get the "Process inferior-lisp hangup" in the
*inferior-lisp* buffer.

In contrast, if I do not run this through slime, but just run it from a
terminal the lisp implementaiton is not killed.

I assume that the serial bluetooth connection is closed from the other
side and that that somehow closes also the slime connection.  But
I don't know why, if this is normal, and how to change this behaviour.

All hints are appreciated.

Wim Oudshoorn.