[slime-devel] Tracing Swank/Slime protocol?

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Tue Jul 28 18:46:58 UTC 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 3:36 AM, Elena Garrulo wrote:
> in order to develop a new Swank front end, I'd like to understand how
> such a module interacts with Slime. Since such protocol seems to be
> undocumented - isn't it? - I think that I could trace Swank from/to
> Slime communication for an already functional module. Is such an
> operation already available?

You may find it helpful to use Madhu's Common Lisp swank-client as a
starting point. It is a few years old, but will work with a few
modifications. I have successfully adapted it for my own needs (with
a CLOS layer on top for convenience).

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~madhu/clisp/swank-client/swank-client.lisp

BTW: I think it would be beneficial to include an up to date Common
Lisp swank client with the distribution, and perhaps also use it in a
test harness.

-- Terje Norderhaug