[slime-devel] using chinese characters in SLIME

Andrew Webb andrew_s_webb at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 03:32:10 UTC 2009

I'm having problems with this UTF-8 encoded file, as per log below. The file can be displayed by emacs, so MULE is OK (if that's relevant).

What you see here is NOT what I get if I enter the same code directly into the native lisp REPL (outside emacs).

Coding-system & net-coding system are both utf8 - any ideas? I'm new (very) at lisp/emacs/slime, but it seems to be a slime-related issue. Emacs 22.3, CLisp 2.47

Log:

;; Swank started at port: 3839.
CL-USER> (with-open-file (infile "d:/backup/my documents/personal/wode.u8.txt") (read infile))

.\346\210\221\347\232\204

CL-USER>