[slime-devel] slime-typeout-frame vs autodoc timers

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Jul 3 16:20:57 UTC 2009

Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> writes:

> I finally upgraded to a recent version of slime (2009-07-01 or so) and
> found a couple of issues.
>
> First, I use slime-typeout-frame and it references
> slime-autodoc-start-timer (and other autodoc stuff).  These don't seem
> to exist anymore.

Slime's Autodoc was rewritten to reuse Emacs' Eldoc. Unfortunately the
latter does not provide any hook into how it displays its messages.

If I send a patch to (X)Emacs upstream, and, let's say, it'll be
applied, will you go and grab XEmacs CVS version?

> Second, I get the following error using xemacs 21.5.29.

The same problem was reported by Stelian Ionescu yesterday. I'll look
into it.

  -T.