[slime-devel] Patch to add multi-threading to ABCL SLIME CVS HEAD

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Jul 1 09:26:18 UTC 2009

Attached is a patch against SLIME CVS HEAD to implement multi-threading
(aka the :spawn *COMMUNICATION-STYLE*) as a default in ABCL.  In
addition this patch muffles various STYLE-WARNING compilation messages
via DECLARE forms.

Among other things, this seems to fix the fugliness around where
*STANDARD-OUTPUT* ends up and the missing CR (or LF) in the NIL
*COMMUNICATION-STYLE*.

This patch has been tested against ABCL 0.16.0-dev as of [svn r12022]
with Emacs 22.3 under OS X.

I didn't need to do much to the existing code except fix a typo while
comparing against the current 'swank-sbcl.lisp' version, making me
somewhat suspicious of why that code was not used in the first place
(did someone just  cut and paste the SBCL implementation without trying
to get it to work?  But thanks to whoever got it that far!)

is nothing to compare to it now."