[slime-devel] No REPL with SBCL and Emacs Snapshot 23

Karl Winterling kwinterling at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 05:41:46 UTC 2009

New (after around 1 Jan 2009) CVS versions of SLIME have the REPL
moved into contrib. This supposedly isn't a bug since Corman allegedly
makes SLIME blow up if one tries using the REPL with it. You just need
to replace (slime

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Jonathan Lee <2jlee at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Due to a problem I was having with SBCL suddenly taking 100% processor
> time, I recently upgraded from the existing Ubuntu SBCL package to
> version 1.0.23 and the latest version of SLIME from the CVS repository,
> running on Emacs Snapshot (GTK) 23. Unfortunately, now SLIME can connect
> to SBCL but does not create the REPL buffer.

New (after around 1 Jan 2009) CVS versions of SLIME have the REPL
moved into contrib. This supposedly isn't a bug since Corman allegedly
makes SLIME blow up if one tries using the REPL with it. You just need
to replace (slime-setup) with (slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf))
in your ~/.emacs file and the REPL should come up when SLIME connects
to SBCL. The SLIME Web site will probably (hopefully at least) have a
FAQ entry about this.

---Karl