[slime-devel] Dismissing temp buffers

Walter GR waltergr at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 18:42:45 UTC 2009

http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/doc/html/Temporary-buffers.html

"Temporary buffers can be dismissed by pressing q. This kills the buffer
and restores the window configuration as it was before the buffer was
displayed."

For me, this isn't the case.  q kills the buffer, but retains the window
configuration that exists when the buffer was visible.

Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,

WalterGR

P.S. Specific example: I use one Emacs window split into two vertical
frames.  The top frame (~75% in height) is the Lisp code I'm editing;
the smaller bottom frame is the SLIME REPL.

When I do slime-describe-symbol when in the Lisp code, the SLIME REPL
"disappears" from the bottom, and the bottom 50% of the window is now
occupied by an informational buffer.  Pressing q replaces the temp
buffer with the SLIME REPL, but it still occupies 50% of the window.