[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Ariel Badichi abadichi at bezeqint.net
Wed Jan 14 16:30:27 UTC 2009

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> +2009-01-07  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
> +
> +	* slime.el (slime-keys): Remove the binding for C-c C-i. M-TAB
> +	can also be pressed with M-C-i which is probably not taken
> +	by the window manager.  ESC TAB would also work.  Maybe we
> +	should reuse C-c C-i for slime-inspect.

Is there any good reason for removing the `C-c C-i' keybinding?  I've
been using it for a long time, and while I can re-introduce it myself,
this recurring problem of seemingly random tweaking of keybindings and
other kinds of user-visible behavior certainly deters one from
updating to the latest version of slime.  I would like to see such
modifications at least being discussed on the mailing list and given a
rationale prior to their check-in.

Ariel