[slime-devel] command completion not working

David Baumgold singingwolfboy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:58:56 UTC 2009

I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on a 64 bit architecture, running 64
bit SBCL 1.0.23, slime 2009-01-05, and GNU Emacs 24.4.1. I cannot get
command completion to work in slime. When I hit M-tab, the buffer responds
with "No tags table loaded; try M-x visit-tags-table". The relevant part of
.emacs file is as follows:
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl")
(push "/usr/local/slime/" load-path)
(push "/usr/local/slime/contrib/" load-path)
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy))

Any suggestions for how to get command completion to work?