[slime-devel] ~ binding in slime-mode minor mode

James Wright james at chumsley.org
Wed Jan 7 00:58:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I fetched the latest version of slime from CVS today, and it appears to bind the
tilde key (~) to `slime-sync-package-and-default-directory' instead of
`insert-self' in lisp buffers (i.e., NOT the repl).  This change appears to have
been introduced in version 1.10 of slime-repl.el.

This has the effect of making it very difficult to insert a ~ into my lisp
files, which in turn has the effect of making format expressions very difficult
to write. :)  My guess is that this was a mistake.

I've "fixed" it on my local machine by deleting the commands that bind it; my
guess is that the binding was intended to go somewhere else (on the prefix key
perhaps?), but I can't be sure, so I haven't included a patch.  But I thought it
might be a good thing to mention.

Thanks,
      James