[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sun Jan 4 16:30:41 UTC 2009

* Tobias C. Rittweiler [2009-01-04 15:35+0100] writes:

> Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:
>
>> +2009-01-03  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
>> +
>> +	By default, show compiler notes in a buffer with compilation-mode.
>> +
>> +	* slime.el (slime-show-compilation-log)
>> +	(slime-maybe-show-compilation-log): New functions,
>> +	(slime-compilation-finished-hook): Change the default value
>> +	to 'slime-maybe-show-compilation-log.
>
> Nice! I can't seem to use any of the cycling commands in that buffer,
> though (M-n, M-p, TAB.)

I think that this is controlled by compilation-skip-threshold which
skips over notes (everything less serious than warning) by default.

> I'd also like if errors are displayed before
> warnings before optimization notes.

Currently the messages are just inserted in the same order as produced
by the compiler/backend.  Reordering wouldn't be hard, but perhaps the
standard compilation mode has something better to offer.