[slime-devel] request for pecifying location fasl-files

Karol Skocik karol.skocik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:15:46 UTC 2009

Knut Olav Bøhmer <knut-olav.bohmer <at> telenor.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to specify where slime should place it's
> fasl-files when running slime-compile-and-load-file.
> The location should be per-buffer/filename configurable by placing
> variable-definition in the header of a .lisp file or by a hook that runs
> when a .lisp file is opened.
> I have attached an example implementation that I use, and have used for
> a long time. It works for me.

I would welcome this functionality to be included in SLIME. Currently,
asdf-binary-locations does the right thing with storing the binaries in the
right places, but compiling file interactively during development stores it in
source directory. This is very inconvenient, especially when using more than one
implementation, because your source directory is polluted with binaries
differing with suffix.