[slime-devel] slime-pretty-package-name and basic cases

Geoff Wozniak geoff at wozniak.ca
Thu Feb 26 03:13:19 UTC 2009

I've run into an issue with slime-repl-set-package and the latest
Slime from CVS.  When I call slime-repl-set-package, I immediately see
"FALL THROUGH" in the minibuffer.  Looking at the code, it seems to be
a result of the call to slime-pretty-package-name which signals an
error with "FALL THROUGH" when none of the cases match.

If I trace slime-pretty-package-name, I get

   1 -> slime-pretty-package-name: name="COMMON-LISP-USER"

and sure enough, a direct call to the function with "COMMON-LISP-USER"
results in the "FALL THROUGH" error being signalled.  However, if you
evaluate

   (slime-pretty-package-name "\"COMMON-LISP-USER\"")

you get back "COMMON-LISP-USER".

Should slime-pretty-package-name be matching "basic" names like this?
Currently, it seems to only match strings prefixed with the hash
("#"), double-quote or whatever is defined for slime-reader-
conditionals-regexp.

-- Geoff