[slime-devel] problem with debug-source-f[or|ro]m

Vsevolod vseloved at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:53:50 UTC 2009

Hi guys!
I'm debugging a problem with slime startup on Windows, which symptom is this
message on M-x slime:

> Symbol "DEBUG-SOURCE-FROM" not found in the SB-DI package.

Curiously, when I skimmed through SBCL code, I didn't find any
debug-source-fROm function, but have found debug-source-fORm. And in the
slime sources the two even may be encountered side-by-side. I wonder, is it
a coincidence or a typo, leading to a bug?

Other unrelated question I've remembered. When I try to evaluate something
in debugger process (with e <expr>), the slime connection dies (SBCL 1.0.20,
Slime 2008-10-23, Debian GNU/Linux Etch). By chance, a common problem with a
well-known solution?

Thanks,
Vsevolod