[slime-devel] bracket matching

Adam adam at fastmail.com.au
Thu Feb 5 10:47:18 UTC 2009

Hi,
I'm setting up emacs/slime for the first time and I'm having some
difficulties getting automatic bracket matching to work. I watched Marco
Baringer's lisp video and I've got most of the useful features working
like tab auto-completion and hyperspec lookup for example, but brackets
don't seem to matched automatically like they were in Marco's video.
For example whenever an opening bracket was typed a closing bracket
would be inserted after the cursor, but this doesn't happen in my
emacs/slime configuration.

My versions are the following:
emacs-22.3-r1
slime-2.0_p20080731

Here is my emacs config for slime/lisp

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/slime")
(require 'slime)

(slime-setup)

(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/bin/sbcl"
    slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
    common-lisp-hyperspec-root
"file:///usr/share/doc/hyperspec-7.0/HyperSpec/"
    slime-enable-evaluate-in-emacs t
    slime-log-events t
    slime-outline-mode-in-events-buffer nil
    slime-repl-return-behaviour :send-only-if-after-complete
    slime-autodoc-use-multiline-p t
    slime-highlight-compiler-notes t
    browse-url-browser-function 'w3m)

(define-key global-map (kbd "<f12>") 'slime-selector)
(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "TAB") 'slime-indent-and-complete-symbol)
(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-c TAB") 'slime-complete-form)

Thanks in advance,

Adam