[slime-devel] Restore window configuration after closing a debug window.

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Dec 10 09:13:10 UTC 2009

Nicolas Buduroi <nbuduroi at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I've been using slime casually for some time now and something
> always annoyed me, when the debug window pop up, it changes the size of
> the second window if there's one.

I cannot seem to reproduce this. Could you provide all steps beginning
with M-x slime, then your window changing commands etc, please?

> I've searched for a ways to fix this behavior many times, but never
> found any simple solution. So today I've got myself into the code and
> made some changes. It works but the code is not really correct, one
> problem is that if you dig farther than the first cause and then use
> abort, it will hide the remaining debug buffers by restoring windows
> to their prior state. Can someone help me improve that code or show me
> a better way to achieve this?

I don't know what our current policy regarding window configuration is
because we tried so many, and everytime we annoyed someone.

I thought we were going to _get rid of_ automatically restoring
configuration, and instead wanted to point people to `winner-mode'.

  -T.