[slime-devel] TYPE ERROR: The value 9 is not of type LIST

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Aug 29 15:19:23 UTC 2009

Quoth Sebastian Tennant <sebyte at smolny.plus.com>:
> Non-ASCII characters break the connection to the REPL:

I can confirm that if I don't use sbcl.core-with-swank the problem doesn't
occur.

So, could something be amiss in swank-loader.lisp, or lacking in the
instructions perhaps:

 The steps to execute are:

     shell$ sbcl
     * (load ".../slime/swank-loader.lisp")
     * (swank-loader:dump-image "sbcl.core-with-swank")

 Then add this to your `.emacs':

     (setq slime-lisp-implementations
           '((sbcl ("sbcl" "--core" "sbcl.core-with-swank")
                   :init (lambda (port-file _)
                           (format "(swank:start-server %S)\n" port-file)))))

I added an extra keyword argument to my 'sbcl' lisp implementation:

  :coding-system utf-8-unix

but removing it does not resolve the problem.

Regards,

Sebastian
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.