[slime-devel] TYPE ERROR: The value 9 is not of type LIST

vanekl vanek at acd.net
Sat Aug 29 11:36:10 UTC 2009

Sebastian Tennant <sebyte <at> smolny.plus.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a threaded SBCL version 1.0.30 with SLIME version 2009-08-19 in GNU
> Emacs verison 22.2.1.
>
> Non-ASCII characters break the connection to the REPL:
>
>  CL-USER> "ğ"
>  "ğ"
>
> The REPL is hung at this point.

Check to see whether you have set the slime connection to utf8.
You should have something like this is your .emacs file:

(defun start-slime ()
  (interactive)
  (setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
  (slime-connect "127.0.0.1" 4005))

Of course the parameters shown above may change based on your setup.

http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/doc/html/Emacs_002dside-customization.html